A creative programme for 16-25 year olds
Tuesdays, 5pm - 6.30pm
This term, we’ll be making and curating an exhibition at the Sainsbury Centre.
Guided by artist Anna Brass and Sainsbury Centre staff, we’ll work together to develop our own exhibition display and events programme: we’ll be making and curating the work, writing the labels and the press release, putting together a series of accompanying events and workshops…
Sessions will take place on the following Tuesdays, 5pm – 6.30pm:
1, 8, 15, 22 February
1, 15, 22, 29 March
If you are interested in getting involved, developing your creative practice, and gaining and curatorial experience, join us on Tuesday 1 February, 4:30pm.
Young Associates is open to all aged 16-25 who would like to try out new ideas, share and develop your artwork, and join a network of new collaborators.
As part of this programme, Young Associates will:
· Create new work to display at the Sainsbury Centre
· Develop new digital skills and be able apply them to creative projects
· Design curatorial projects at the Sainsbury Centre
· Broaden understanding of historical and contemporary art practice
· Build confidence in your own arts practice and ideas
· Work collaboratively with other young people in a supportive environment
· Establish a network of peers
· Broaden understanding of next steps and creative pathways through mentoring from Sainsbury Centre staff