Art(ist) / Teacher Group
Saturday 7 May
10am Arrival for 10:30 - 14:30
Based in the Learning Studio at the Sainsbury Centre
FREE. Booking essential
The Network of East Anglian Art Teachers (NEAAT) has partnered with the Sainsbury Centre to offer you the opportunity to develop your creative practice in the Learning Studio.
In this event, we will be exploring the relationship between being a practicing artist and an art teacher; sharing tips about how to maintain a creative practice alongside a busy work schedule.
During the session we will:
- Share ideas and experience of maintaining a creative practice, alongside teaching.
- Benefit from the time and space to be creative away from your usual place of work
- Revisit projects from the past, or develop new ideas.
- Discuss and share your current practice with others.
- Take inspiration from the Sainsbury Centre’s collections and exhibitions.
So often we are working towards someone else’s goals. In this session you can be playful, experiment, make mistakes and think through making.
We hope this will be the first of many sessions which will allow you to make work for yourself.
FREE, but pre-booking is essential. Spaces are limited to 20.
To reserve your ticket, and receive a complimentary hot drink, please book with: Jess Browne, Sainsbury Centre Learning Administrator, Jess.Browne@uea.ac.uk
If you cannot attend on this occasion but would be interested to receive details of future sessions, please do get in touch.