Work with other people aged 16-25 to develop your own arts projects in response to the Sainsbury Centre. Try out new ideas, learn new skills, share your work, meet artists and join a network of new collaborators.
Guided by artist Anna Brass, Young Associates explore digital, art historical and counter-cultural practices, and use the Sainsbury Centre Collections as a starting point for creative projects. This term, we’ll be making and curating our own exhibition at the Sainsbury Centre.
As part of this programme, Young Associates will:
- Create new work to display at the Sainsbury Centre
- Develop new digital skills and be able apply them to creative projects
- Design curatorial projects at the Sainsbury Centre
- Broaden understanding of historical and contemporary art practice
- Build confidence in your own arts practice and ideas
- Work collaboratively with other young people in a supportive environment
- Establish a network of peers
- Broaden understanding of next steps and creative pathways through mentoring from Sainsbury Centre staff
Young Associates is free to attend. The programme will take place online and in-person at the Sainsbury Centre. You will have the chance to develop your own creative project in response to the Sainsbury Centre, working as a group and independently. Workshops will involve artist-led activities as well as time develop your own work with the support of artist Anna Brass and Sainsbury Centre staff.
This would suit you if: You are curious, want to learn new creative skills and approaches, have ideas and would love to bring them to life, enjoy making and being creative and are always in search of inspiration…
Places are limited, BOOK NOW
Find out more
The Sainsbury Centre runs a week-long work experience programme in July for four students in years 10 and 11. During the week, students work with staff from the Curatorial, Collections Management, Visitor Services, Learning and Marketing teams. Alongside their work experience placements, students complete a Bronze Arts Award.
Future opportunities for placements will be announced in Spring 2022.